Friday, October 21, 2005

You want the truth?


Okay. I lied. Maybe my popcorn maker was not a "featured" news story, but it could have been.

Anyway, I don't even know if they read my email or not because I wasn't able to watch the entire three hour broadcast this morning. But if it never ended up on air, then I think Fox & Friends are the real losers here because it certainly isn't me. They could have kibbitzed about popcorn, popcorn makers, brands and various kinds of kernels. There could have even been an online poll.

Naturally the discussion would have moved onto the subject of popcorn balls and recipes would be made available. I would have been scheduled as a guest on the show to demostrate the old fashioned and long forgotten art of kettle popcorn popping. Who knows how different the world would be today if that email were in fact read on air. And it was a good email, too. One of my top five best written emails of all time. Perhaps even, number three.

7 Comments:

At 21 October, 2005, Blogger Phil said...

Did you really write an e-mail to the local news about your popcorn maker? That's funny, but you may have too much time on your hands. I appreciate you going for the gusto and imagining a life of fame and fortune related to your popcorn maker. It's what I would have done. Someday if I see bags of Debbie Cakes Kettle Corn in the store I'll be sure to buy some.

 
At 22 October, 2005, Blogger Debbie Cakes said...

Thanks, Phil. But just for the record, it was a Fox News, a national network, buddy. If I'm going to make an ass out of myself, then I'm going all the way.

 
At 23 October, 2005, Blogger micycle tricycle said...

Thanks for making this entry. Not because of your entry, per se, but I've always wanted to start an online business and was never able to find any great info on how to go about doing that...

":-)" - arrrrgh. Losers.

 
At 23 October, 2005, Blogger Debbie Cakes said...

I think fate had a hand in Anonymous's visit to my blog. Thank you Anonymous, you have no idea what that means to me, sniffle sniffle, (wiping away a small tear).

 
At 25 October, 2005, Blogger momo said...

blog spam should be outlawed.........*glaring at the anon commercial announcer*

 
At 25 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's great that I have a blog like this. I will always visit my blog.
I will always talk like a foreigner, too.

 
At 25 October, 2005, Blogger Debbie Cakes said...

It's sad that I couldn't even use my own identity for that last comment. It's also sad that most of the comments are from me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home