Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Oh, What a World, what a world...

Don't think I haven't noticed that numbers are down, I've gotten less hits in the last week than the average wifebeater dishes out in a single night. Oh, don't poo-poo me about being in bad taste. If you know anything about me, I have a dry, sick, leaves-you-with-cotton-mouth sense of humor.

Moving on.

Look, I've been sick for the last, oh, 2 weeks give or take a few days. My Christmas in Connecticut was less than enjoyable since I spent most of it blowing all sorts of things out my nose and spraying a lovely medicine right back up called Flonase which, if you didn't already have the pleasure of experiencing, has some wonderful side effects, like smelling floral undertones to everything that has a scent at all. My mother-in-law fried meatballs and all I could smell was roses. It really felt like I had shoved my face into the center of a qiant bouquet of flowers.

So, having felt like absolute poo and yet at the same time being amazed by my own ability to produce an endless amount of snot, I have been neglecting my blog.

Another issue is brewing. I am on the way back from sickyville, but I am having some technical difficulties.

My 30th birthday present was a new laptop. It's wonderful and marvelous, but I cannot seem to get things working as far as hooking it up to the internet via the wireless card. I have to call SBC and see what's up with that. So I have my third Jenny Craig installment trapped inside there. And I'll be damned if I am gonna retype that thing onto here (Sorry, Micycle).

But moving on still, I refilled my Flonase, saw Mr. Mullet Man at Walgreens twice today who always gives me a friendly smile under his salt and pepper mustache, and finally picked up pictures from a roll of film I started taking pictures with in August and just finished a week ago. I need to return some library books that are overdue and keeping me awake at night hearing coins jump out of my wallet for the late fees. I ordered a book through Buy.com because I kept seeing those commercials with the CEO of the company standing on the roof of the Buy.com building telling me to order from there and he'll save me 10% off of Amazon. Well, Mr. CEO and rooftop fiddler, I'm a'waiting for me damn book. I guess paying 10% less also means they do things 10% slower.

Oh, and if you're wondering what the Wizard of Oz reference is all about, it really didn't have anything to do with anything at all I'm afraid. It just came to me. For some reason the melting Wicked Witch came to mind followed by Mel Brooks as Yogurt in Spaceballs.

May the Schwartz be with you.

2 Comments:

At 10 January, 2006, Blogger Lois Lane said...

I'm glad you are getting better. Good luck getting your wireless hooked up. It seems the ISP make it harder to hook up these days.
Looking forward to your JC update.
Lois Lane

 
At 12 January, 2006, Blogger David Amulet said...

Congrats on the new laptop -- always a good pick-me-up. Or pick-you-up, in this case. Here's to a healthier 2006!

-- david

 

Post a Comment

<< Home