Thursday, July 27, 2006

Knick knack. Paddy whack. Give the boy a rat.

My apologies to Paddy. I've been a lousy slumlord and haven't been around to raise the roof for my renter.

Why don't you go on and see what all that pitter-pattering noise is over there, huh? What, you don't hear it? I do. How could you not hear four rats scattering about?

Go see my friend Paddy, his girlfriend, his photos of cakes gone wild, and his babies- yes, the rats. He's an animal lover like myself (who couldn't solve her own mouse problems without a humane solution) and proud of it. Although he has suffered many losses lately, and losing a pet is so painful, that hasn't stopped him from regularly updating his blog....like some people I know....hmmm.

So, yeah....

In other news, my dear friend Ann Marie has become obsessed with Eddie Izzard. I've been telling her about him for who knows how long and then I finally remembered to loan her my DVD and she now loves any and all things Eddie.

On one hand, I can't believe he's not huge over here like he is in the UK, but on the other, I'm sort of like happy that only the few cool people here in the states know about him. Okay, there's more than five or six people that know of him here, but Jesus, he's incredible. How is it there aren't more people who've heard of him? Mind boggling (spelling?).

Oh, enough already. I have no point.

5 Comments:

At 27 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Eddie Izzard NOT big over there, Debbie? If not, it's a crime. He is the funniest thing ever as you now know. tell folks about him. He is a UK national treasure.

 
At 27 July, 2006, Blogger Paddy said...

Thanks for the intro. Don't worry about your landlord skilles. Mine aren't exactly brilliant so I won't take it personaly :)

Nice place you have here.

 
At 28 July, 2006, Blogger Lady Strathconn said...

Every one of his DVDs is on my NetFlix list, and 2 of them are "short wait". I have seen clips of him on TV and I can't wait to watch his whole schtick!

 
At 29 July, 2006, Blogger Rocky said...

I've never seen this dude, but I'm on a mission now. Thanks for pulling me out from the rock I was living under.

 
At 31 July, 2006, Blogger David Amulet said...

I've heard of some odd obsessions ... but Eddie Izzard?

-- david

 

Post a Comment

<< Home