Monday, April 10, 2006

Oh, how nice of you to drop in.....DEBBIE.

I was pleasantly suprised and more than un-deserving to find a load of comments on my malnourished blog. Thanks, really.

I'll have to ask you to excuse the lack of a new post in a while. I'm sure that some of you have thought, "Enough already with the inside-out potato chip bag, get over yourself and pick it up already. Sheesh." I know, it's getting a little old. If that post were a loaf of bread, it would have been sporting something of a doggy sweater made of white fuzzy mold by now.

A quick little ditty to let you know what's been keeping me (if you ever really cared to know, that is. If not, that's okay. I get it. It's not like breaking news that I'd been abducted or something.)

I'll make it a bullet point list. Those are fun to do, right?

bullets:

  • Been house hunting. With a realtor.
  • Realtor brought a "Staging Consultant" (hold all giggles please) to my home to assess our place and how we need to make it look presentable enough for showing.
  • Went to Trader Joes. On a Sunday. So crowded with hippies and wannabes I vowed to never go again on a Sunday.
  • I have nothing against hippies, just the "crowded" part.
  • Went to see David Sedaris do a reading in Akron.
  • Waited in line for well over two hours to have him sign my book.
  • Got home very late, indeed.
  • I'm getting to old to stay up past my bedtime.
  • I felt hungover the next morning.
  • Spent time with Mom and Dad, who took Jack for the night. Hadn't been able to hang out and have bagels in a while. Enjoyed that.
  • Went home and crashed on the couch. All night. Over tired and couldn't sleep.
  • Feel like poo today.
  • Wondered to self this morning; Why is it always a bright sunny day when you feel like crawling into a dark cave to get some sleep?
  • I will attempt to finish post about the Sedaris reading and the joys of waiting in a line for 2+hours at eleven o'clock at night.
  • Note to Mom:
  • Mom,
  • I will put up a longer post. I know, the diary entries are short. You want a "real story I can read". In the words of SNL's MiddleAgeMan, "I'm WORKING ON IT."

5 Comments:

At 10 April, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bute what about the chip bag?

 
At 11 April, 2006, Blogger Mom on the Run said...

1. Never go to Trader Joe's on the wknd you silly girl.
2. Yes, please write on Sedaris, he came through here and tickets were sold out in 1 minute.
3. Glad you got some rest!

 
At 11 April, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting events
my list would involve

>studied maths and english
>procrastinated
>blog html-ing
>studying others
>library-ing
>not sleeping

need to go write a post for today now...

 
At 11 April, 2006, Blogger Attila the Mom said...

Nice to see you haven't fallen off the face of the planet! LOL

 
At 13 April, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

The Antidote and I are house hunting too. It's all consuming!! Don't worry about not posting...we love you and will keep coming back regardless. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home