Friday, March 10, 2006

"Family Night!" Not as exciting as advertised.

Before you read anything else, you should check out the new renter Gussy Up. I know I'll be over there snoopin' around. And if you have a stupid looking blog template like I do, you should be over there too. That's all I'm gonna say 'bout that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------


Last night we went to this thing at the preschool called "Family Night!".

That's right.

It was lame, as you might have guessed.

It's nobody's fault that the turnout was pathetically low, but it is my fault for wasting my money.

No cover charges or tickets were required to get in, no bands, no booze, but there probably should've been, would have lightened up the party.

It did cost me, though. I'm on the "hospitality committee" and we're the ones who set up the food and decorations for these little shindigs. So, I was in charge of a cheese and cracker spread that would be enough to feed eighty to a hundred people. I also had to bring two-hundred plates, two bouquets of flowers, and the vases to hold them. What did I get myself into? Glad I signed up for the playdough making committee next year...

I got there early to set up and a lot families were already starting to arrive, no one that I recognized just yet but it looked as though it was gonna get hoppin.

The families of the two and four year old preschool classes were set to be there from 6-7 PM. Then our class, the three year olds' families, were supposed to show at 7 and stay until 8.

So when I asked my mom to come with me, John, and Jack, I had it in my head that just about everyone was coming and they were bringing extended family. That's what the whole point of "Family Night" is, it even said so on the flyers they handed out to advertise the whole even. But when we all got there at 7:00, there were a ton of people, but no one we knew. I felt like we were at the wrong party. We saw Jack's prechool teachers and talked to them, but where in the hell were the other 3 yr olds?

Major turnout for the two and four year olds' families. Well, aren't they special. But it looked like we and four other families out the roster of twenty-three in Jack's class, were the only suckers to show up.

The following is an open letter to all the other families that didn't show up for no good reason:


Booooooo! BOOOOO! You other no-shows SUCK! Do you know that I spent over $40 on flowers and plates, and good fucking cheese and crackers that I hand sliced myself just to see almost all of it thrown out at the end of the night?! Huh? Did ya?

I'm giving you all the stink-eye next school day,

Deb

6 Comments:

At 10 March, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

To hell with the stinkeye Debbiecakes. I say you confront them. Ask them for a donation for the $40 you spent! That'll freak 'em out! Of course, you will also set your child up to be ridiculed, but hey, who of us wasn't at some point or another?! :-)

P.S. Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 10 March, 2006, Blogger Attila the Mom said...

LOL! I am SO glad those days are over.

Thanks for the memories. ;-)

 
At 11 March, 2006, Blogger crumblepie said...

Thank you so much for accepting my bid! :)

 
At 11 March, 2006, Blogger Rocky said...

Or you could send a message by buying a couple cans of aerosal cheese and spraying the words "Show up next time, loser" on all of their cars.
Yeah, that's probabkly too over the top. But it's funny to think about :-D

 
At 13 March, 2006, Blogger Amy said...

hey - isn't it amazing how stuff like that adds up... i mean... you start out thinking... eh, ok... cheese and crackers - that won't be a big deal... a few flowers... eh... ok... that'll be nice... and then all of a sudden you're like - holy heck - i just spent $50 bucks!

double stink to those who didn't show..

 
At 21 March, 2006, Blogger Debbie Cakes said...

I'd love to shove it all in their face, but alas, I am but a wimp.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home