Thursday, February 23, 2006

Are you there, God? It's me, DebbieCakes.

Last night while I was getting dinner ready, the phone rang. I couldn't get to it and checked the answering machine- it was the movie theatre! The movie theatre where my wallet had last been seen alive and on my person! And they had it!!

Well, I can't give "Julie", the movie theatre manager, all the credit now. I think I need to give a "Holla" and a "Whoop, whoop" to Anthony, Patron Saint Of Lost Things.

My man really pulled through for me this time. And now I spread my joy onto you, so that you may hear about the true miracle that occurred last night- not only was my wallet recovered, but everything was in it, including the cash. If that's not a real live miracle, I don't know what is.

Oh, you didn't think a Jewish girl prayed to Catholic Saints? Well, this one does, sucka.

Lose your wallet, car keys, your car in a giant parking lot, or even your mind and try St. Anthony sometime.

St. Anthony. It works.

6 Comments:

At 23 February, 2006, Blogger Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh. You got so lucky!!!

 
At 24 February, 2006, Blogger crumblepie said...

I'd forgotten my camera at this ride in a theme park once... and I told the girl working there about it.. and she asked me what brand and color it is, put her hand into what resembled a santa bag to me and handed my camera over to me! I was so happy! So I know how happy you must be now! :)

 
At 24 February, 2006, Blogger TotalChaos said...

I lost my wallet in Las Vegas, and they found it, and sent it to me in California. Money and all.

 
At 24 February, 2006, Blogger Secretly Me said...

That's so great that you got your wallet back! The one time I lost mine, I didn't get mine back :(

It's great to have you hanging out on my blog this week too! I'm sure it will be a fun week!

 
At 25 February, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Just popped by from The Babblings of Mel. You have a great blog.

I found this little old lady's wallet on my way out of the store a few months back. I called her when I got home and she was so relieved. The poor thing was just sitting there crying because she didn't know what to do. You were really lucky to get yours back.

 
At 25 February, 2006, Blogger Amy said...

Wow, I don't usually "Holla" or "Whoop Whoop" - but this seems like the perfect occasion for both... being an occasional Catholic is pretty cool...

Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home