Friday, February 17, 2006

Hey! Them things is worth money!


I can only guess how it got started. Jack was playing on the computer while I was doing laundry, then he quietly slipped away.
"Hey Jack, watcha doin'?" I called out. No answer. That ussually means he's up to no good, no good at all.

I wandered into the kitchen and found stamps stuck on the table, stamps on the chair, stamps on the pantry shelf and the counter, stamps everywhere. I tried to calmly explain that those weren't stickers, they're stamps. They cost money, more money than the stickers, and each and every single one was 2 cents (hey, there's no cent sign on the keyboard?) more expensive than they were just a couple of months ago. He kept saying "Sorry, Mommy," and who could be mad at that little face? I never was, really, I actually thought it was pretty funny. Rather, it was the thought of John coming home and finding stamps pasted all around the house like it was giant stickerbook that made me shiver me timbers.

Okay, it's not like he beats me or anything(not funny), but when it comes to matters of wallet, John gets a little testy. TESTY.

We cleaned up the scene of the crime, but I know that sooner or later, John's gonna be all, "Hey, Deb? Why are the stamps not so sticky, and why are they a looking a little roughed up?" See, I put them all back in the stamp book, but they never stick as well as they did the first time when they were spanking new. The adhesive suffers some kind of Post Tramatic Stress.

Well, I'll just have to wait and see what happens now. And buy some more stickers for Jack.

7 Comments:

At 17 February, 2006, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Awww, who could be mad at the little dude for that cute trick? When the old man asks why they look so shabby, tell him he must have forgot to take them out of his pocket and they were in the hamper or even went through the wash depending on how bad they look. Always turn it around on the guy. LOL :P
Have a great weekend!
Lois Lane

 
At 17 February, 2006, Blogger Debbie Cakes said...

Lois Lane, everyone. Always quick with a way to fool da man.

 
At 17 February, 2006, Blogger TheMommason said...

That reminds me of the commercial where the mom is looking for her stamps all over the house and teh son had made a picture for her with them.

 
At 17 February, 2006, Blogger Phil said...

Hubby needs to lighten up. It could only be a couple bucks. Tell him you tried to surprise him by having him come home to find you wearing only stamps, but they wouldn't stay on so you put them back!

 
At 19 February, 2006, Blogger The Catapillar said...

Cute Story. Just came by from Ficken Chingers. Glad I did.

 
At 19 February, 2006, Blogger David Amulet said...

I avoid the Miss Piggy stamps, they are just another example of government pork spending.

-- david

 
At 24 February, 2006, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I am determined to get a cent sign on this post ¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢

Yay! Do I rock, or do I rock? Do I have better things to do? Nahhhhh... I have a hangover!

Found you from David, and cracked up at one of your comments over there.

And hey, just be thankful they were not 39¢ stamps!!!!!

(Are you amazed at my computer skills or what?)
--Manic Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home