Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Ordering contacts would be much easier minus the red tape.


So I ordered my lenses, a long overdue chore by the way, and Coastal Contacts emailed me one of those virtual reciepts and all is cool. Then I get an email saying that my prescription has expired. I beg to differ, I am still blind and that prescription seems to do the trick.

Now, let's go back a couple months ago. John comes in with the mail and hands me a postcard from Sears Optical, it's one of those reminder things that says I should go see the doctor. Whatever, I say, last time he told me that my prescription barely changed. Why should I have to go and pay a hundred bucks to hear the same news? I know nothing's changed. So I tossed it in the trash and then a few days ago I took out my last remaining pair of lenses and decided I better order some new ones before these start bothering my eyes.

I don't want to go to the eye doctor. I mean, it's a lot better than going to the dentist, but it's just kind of pointless.

I know he's just going to squeeze me for cash while he holds my prescription hostage.

But now I'm stuck. I have to call and make the stupid appointment. You know, I'm really not in the mood.

3 Comments:

At 26 October, 2005, Blogger Lindsey said...

lol. I'm the office manager for an Ophthalmologist. Your cl Rx is legally only good for one year, so unfortunately you HAVE to be seen before another prescription can be released to you. However, on the bright side...with all the new cl laws, he can no longer hold you Rx hostage. He has to give it to you and you can order thru 1-800-contacts or something.

So sorry...this wasn't an amusing comment at all...I suck. This is what happens when I get in work mode.

 
At 29 October, 2005, Blogger Phil said...

Although Linny's comment was helpful, I have a better idea. Why don't you just try to look harder at things? Maybe squint your eyes a little when you do it?

 
At 29 October, 2005, Blogger micycle tricycle said...

Haha! Or better yet, just make your own contacts! I do it all the time:

1) Stretch piece of Saran Wrap over fingertip
2) Trim into contact lens shape
3) Insert in eyeball.

You have to experiment a little with the amount of stretching that needs to be done to the Saran Wrap, but it beats going to the opthalmologist every frekin' year and having them put that yellow sauce in your eyes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home