Friday, August 25, 2006

Shove it up your ass, Jim Perdue.

When it comes to publicly humiliating the very animals you make money off of slaughtering, where do you draw the line?

Recently, I had the displeasure of watching one of the many Perdue chicken commercials that Jim Perdue likes to not only make an appearance in, but give himself the star role. If you haven't seen it yet, basically it involves the CEO of the chicken coop checking his email. He finds a message from a certain someone asking if he ever considers giving his chickens treats, like doughnuts for example. Perdue responds saying that he only feeds the chickens corn and other healthy stuff. Anyway, the emails go back and forth and eventually Jim gets suspicious that one of those blasted chickens is in on it. He takes a walk down to the coop and cuts off their internet access as if he treated them oh-so well before giving orders to break their necks and package them up for sale.

Is it me, or this a little disturbing? I'm not a vegetarian, although I was once many years ago, but come on, have a little respect for the creatures you're about to chop to bits and sell.

Jim Perdue, who's the chicken now?




I have no idea what I meant by that either.

9 Comments:

At 25 August, 2006, Blogger Monique said...

Thanks for stopping by my site and for leaving such a nice comment. The song my blog is named after is "Running for home" by the Matthew Good Band. They are brilliant!

 
At 26 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all business, debs, that's all. Au recherche du poulet perdue!

 
At 27 August, 2006, Blogger Rootietoot said...

Cutesy schmutesy. Ads like that irritate me. We have one where the chicken is delivering a box of nuggets, with a smile. My kids swear the chicken is a cannibal.

 
At 28 August, 2006, Blogger David Amulet said...

It's actually pretty good marketing -- diverting attention from the negative aspects of the product.

Just like pizza delivery ads. Ever notice that the customers never pay the delivery person? The ads focus on the food and humor, never the cost ...

-- david

 
At 28 August, 2006, Blogger David Amulet said...

It's actually pretty good marketing -- diverting attention from the negative aspects of the product.

Just like pizza delivery ads. Ever notice that the customers never pay the delivery person? The ads focus on the food and humor, never the cost ...

-- david

 
At 29 August, 2006, Blogger Lois Lane said...

There isn't a lot of food I can eat when I know how it is made or how the animals are taken care of before the big axe comes down. Ewww, salad anyone?
Lois Lane

 
At 30 August, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

LOL. I never thought about it that way, but it's so true Deb! It's always bugged me that Perdue is in his own ads. Can you say ego problem?!

Although I have to say, I love Chik-Fil-A's ads with the cows holding "Eat More Chiken" signs.

 
At 31 August, 2006, Blogger Janet said...

Not that this has any real bearing on anything whatsoever, but Perdue really does look like a chicken now. Have you ever noticed that?

 
At 19 October, 2016, Blogger Barbara Fetherolf said...

Yes Janet, I have noticed it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home