Saturday, December 23, 2006

December 26th, a poopy day for a birthday

And yes, the above may be true, but just this last Tuesday night I had my first ultrasound. And I could enjoy it now that I can finally keep food down and everything basic that I used to take for granted.

Now I wasn't planning on finding out the sex of the baby, but gosh darnit, wouldn't that opportunity present itself making it all too tempting. But the truth of the matter is I was afraid I would find out we were having a boy again and then all hope would be lost of having a girl. Only before all of that happened, I looked at the ultrasound monitor as soon as we got started, and noticed something. Something that looked like two white circles. Something I recognized immediately before the ultrasound tech. said, "Guess what?!" John got nervous thinking that meant there was a problem while Jack was just trying to figure out what in hell he was looking at. "There's two."

I could go on about how John shit enough bricks to make a chimney, but I had my secret suspiscions all along the way.

We're having twins. A boy and a girl. And I think Jack was trying to tell us that the whole time. Everytime we asked if he wanted a baby brother or sister he would always say, " I want a brother and a sister!"

I get what I always wanted which was three kids...and I finally get a little girl just for me.

So in closing, I would like to say Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy New Year, Happy Kwanza, and Happy Festivus for the rest of ya's.

3 Comments:

At 23 December, 2006, Blogger Attila the Mom said...

Oh my God! Congrats to all of you.

Hope your Holidays are warm and wonderful!

xo

 
At 27 December, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

That's awesome news! My husband would be jealous (he's a twin). When I had my first ultrasound he looked at the tech and said, "only one?" :-)

Looks like you've got your work cut out for you!

And...glad you're feeling better too!!! :-)

 
At 11 January, 2007, Blogger msgrits said...

oh...wow....congrats from Mississippi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home